Bear Warning - Moose Mountain Trail Network
- Effective Date: Sunday, June 25, 2017 until further notice
- Where: Pneuma and 727 trails around Moose Mountain
- Why: Black bear frequenting the area
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in Kananaskis Country at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray (video).
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.