Bear Warning - Legacy Trail between Canmore and Banff East Gate
- Effective Date: July 18, 2017 until further notice
- Where: Legacy Trail
- Why: Grizzly bear sightings on and near Legacy Trail by Banff East Gate
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in Kananaskis Country at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray (video).
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.
Construction Closure - Cougar Creek Trailhead
Please note that Cougar Creek Trailhead will close indefinitely starting the week of May 1st, 2017 to begin reconstruction. Parking will be available along Benchlands Trail. Access to trails in the area will be maintained, however detours will be in place. Please obey all posted signage