Note Permitted activities may vary within a park. Please confirm details with park staff.
- Palaeontology attraction: The Royal Tyrrell Museum is located in the located in Midland Provincial Park, just outside Drumheller. Dinosaur Provincial Park is NOT located near the Museum; it's at least a two-hour drive away.
- Day use only: Midland Provincial Park is day use only. There are no camping facilities here.
- Hiking: pathway through willows and cottonwoods along the river
- Historical site: There's an interpretive display at the old Midland Coal Mine office (which operated from 1912 until 1959).
- Wildlife safety: Cougars frequent the badlands and river valley at Midland Provincial Park. Download our Preventing Conflict With Wildlife – Cougars pamphlet or contact the Park Office for more information.