- Enjoy skiing along the Miquelon Lake shoreline or wind through the 20 km of backcountry trails. There are trails suitable for all ski levels of classic technique, as well as skijoring (skiing with dogs)!
- Outhouses are provided on the Chickadee and Grouse Loop Trails. Shoreline Trail and groomed trails in the campground also offer outhouses. Toilet paper is provided.
- Backcountry trails are hilly with turns. Ski with care.
- Check our ski trail report.
- Please review Alberta Parks winter trail etiquette and safety info.
Dogs on Ski Trails
- All trails are open for dogs, including the groomed ski trails for skijoring.
- Hiking, snowshoeing or skiing with dogs is allowed, however dogs must be on leash at all times.
- You must remove your dog waste from the area.
- Skijoring involves cross-country skiing with the help of one or more dogs. The skier wears a skijoring harness and is connected with a rope to a dog wearing a sled dog harness. The cross-country skier provides power with skis and poles, and the dog adds additional power by running and pulling.
- Skijoring is permitted on Beaver Hills, Chickadee, Deer, Ermine, Fox and Grouse Loop trails, as well as the Shoreline Path.
- Please follow trail etiquette, sharing the trail with other users and maintaining control of dogs to avoid accidents with others.
- Snowshoe rentals are available through the Miquelon Park Centre from Monday to Friday. Any rentals must be pre-booked to ensure availability.
- Please call 780-678-2022 for rental reservations. To be connected toll-free in Alberta, dial 310-0000 followed by the phone number. From a cell phone, dial the toll-free code (*310 for Roger's Wireless or #310 for Bell & Telus) followed by the phone number.
- Email Miquelon.email@example.com