Beach & Lake
- The park has a wide, sandy beach that is suitable for sunbathing, picnicking and building sandcastles.
- A playground is located near the beach.
- There are forested picnic spots near the beach.
- Miquelon Lake is strongly influenced by fluctuating water levels. Current low lake levels make it more suitable for non-motorized aquatic activities such as kayaking and canoeing. There are no launching facilities for power boats.
- Miquelon Lake is fed by surface and subsurface springs which are high in naturally-occurring salts and sulfates.
- Lower lake levels have concentrated the salts and sulfates. This diminishes water quality for swimming and contributes to odours in summer.
- The saline water also prevents establishment of fish populations.
- The condition of the lake is not favourable for swimming. This is due to large amounts of vegetation, algae (not blue-green algae), insects and birds.
- Pets are not permitted on the beach.
Biking & Hiking
- Miquelon has an interconnecting trail system, located along the park's knob and kettle terrain. Trails are marked on the park map and have directional signs at trail junctions.
- Park trails are suitable for hiking or mountain biking.
- Shoreline Path is paved - suitable for any bike, rollerblades, strollers and wheelchairs.
Family Discovery Packs
- Get a Discovery Pack at the Miquelon Park Centre and go on a family adventure.
- Explore aquatic and winged life around Grebe Pond or try matching tracks to animals. Paint a beautiful water colour landscape or search for constellations in the sky.
- The backpacks include everything you need to start your own nature discovery and are available during summer.
Mystery Animal Geocaching Adventure
- Explore the park to find four caches "hidden" by our Mystery Animal.
- The caches contain clues to help adventurers answer the riddles.
- Equipment provided includes a GPS unit and manual, a map of Miquelon, and an activity booklet.
- The packs are available from May to September.
- Rent a pack from the Miquelon Park Centre - $2/day or $5 to keep it overnight.