Information & Facilities
Kananaskis Country is a large, multi-use recreation area with
lots to experience and enjoy.
- Check Parks in Kananaskis for a full
- Our Interactive Map shows the
geographic areas that make up Kananaskis Country.
- Mouse over the icons in the summaries below to learn all
Kananaskis Country has to offer. Each park has its own
website showing the specific facilities & services and
recreational activities available there.
- Check Camping for an explanation of the types of
facilities offered in Kananaskis Country.
- Trails support many recreational activities in Kananaskis -
hiking, moutain biking, cycling, horseback riding, cross-country
skiing, snowshoeing, OHV riding. Each trail in the Kananaskis
Trails summary links
to detailed information.
- In Kananaskis Country, there are 51 parks of various
classifications administered by Alberta Tourism, Parks &
Recreation. Regulations affecting visitor
use apply to these lands. Kananaskis Country also
includes Public Land Use Zones administered by
Alberta Environment & Sustainable Resource Development.
Specific regulations may apply to these lands. It is the
responsibility of each visitor to know the rules wherever you
choose to recreate.