Information & Facilities
Kananaskis Country is a large, multi-use recreation area with lots to experience and enjoy.
- Check Parks in Kananaskis for a full listing.
- Our Interactive Map shows the geographic areas that make up Kananaskis Country.
- Mouse over the icons in the summaries below to learn all Kananaskis Country has to offer. Each park has its own website showing the specific facilities & services and recreational activities available there.
- Check Camping for an explanation of the types of facilities offered in Kananaskis Country.
- Trails support many recreational activities in Kananaskis - hiking, moutain biking, cycling, horseback riding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, OHV riding. Each trail in the Kananaskis Trails summary links to detailed information.
- In Kananaskis Country, there are 51 parks of various classifications administered by Alberta Tourism, Parks & Recreation. Regulations affecting visitor use apply to these lands. Kananaskis Country also includes Public Land Use Zones administered by Alberta Environment & Sustainable Resource Development. Specific regulations may apply to these lands. It is the responsibility of each visitor to know the rules wherever you choose to recreate.