Peter Lougheed Trail Report
Updated: July 24, 2016
Trails are drying following heavy rain last week, leaving damp conditions with occasional wet/muddy spots.
Please note: There is a bumper crop of shepherdia (aka buffaloberry) this season so bears are actively feeding and are less aware of their surroundings. Please ensure that you are carrying bear spray, know how to use it, are aware of your surroundings, making noise and reducing your speed in forested areas.
Closures and Warnings:
- Bear Warning - Entire length of Upper Kananaskis Lakes Trail
- Bear Warning - Rawson Lake Trail
- Bear Warning - Point, Forks, and Interlakes campgrounds
- Bear Warning - Paved Bike Trail in Peter Lougheed Prov. Park
- Bear Warning - North Interlakes Day Use Area
- Bear Closure - Panorama Day Use Area, Mt. Indefatigable Trail
- Bear Closure - Valleyview Trail between Elpoca Day Use and Little Highwood Pass Day Use
- Bears and cougars are active - Carry bear spray, keep dogs on leash, remain observant and observe wildlife safety techniques.