Trails are generally dry with wet and muddy patches after the rain events the last two weeks. Please give wet trails time to dry to prevent tread damage. Water levels remain high and potentially dangerous and should be avoided. Although most of the snow in the alpine is gone, lingering snow patches may still exist on north/ east aspects. Bring the appropriate equipment if venturing out be prepared for rapidly changing weather and conditions.
- Bears and cougars are active - Carry bear spray, keep dogs on leash, remain observant and observe wildlife safety techniques.
- Ticks are out and experts recommend wearing light coloured clothing and conducting daily tick checks of you and your pets. For more information on ticks visit Alberta Health.
- Caution is advised as downed trees and obstacles such as washouts and missing bridges may be encountered and routefinding may be necessary.
- Construction work at the Cougar Creek Trailhead - access up Cougar Creek will be maintained but detours will be in place.
- Bear Warning - Grassi Lakes Day Use Area and surrounding trails.
- Bear Warning - Canmore Nordic Centre
Cougar CreekConstruction taking place near trailhead effective May 1; detours will be in place.
Lady MacDonaldConstruction taking place near trailhead; detours in place