Lat: 50.899506 Long: -114.017245 | Directions
- Opens June 25 for the 2016 season
- 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. daily (weather dependent)
Know Before You Go
- Children under the age of 7 must be within arm's reach of a parent or guardian at all times.
- Those who don't know how to swim and children under 7 years of age should wear a life jacket in the water.
- A limited number of life jackets are available for free use onsite through the Lifejacket Loaner Station program.
- Children under the age of 12 must be with a parent or guardian 18+ while using the facility.
- Group supervision – no unsupervised children; 1 adult to every 5 children in a group is mandatory for safety.
- Only small inflatables and beach toys are allowed.
- Propane gas barbeques are allowed in grassed areas only. Charcoal briquette barbeques are NOT allowed.
- NOT ALLOWED
- No alcohol in the park
- No smoking (There is a dedicated smoking area near the main gate.)
- No glass containers
- No pets
- No cycling, skateboarding or scooters
- No hard-bottom boats, large rafts or stand-up paddle boards
Road Access & Parking
- Map of Sikome Aquatic Facility
- The Sikome Aquatic Facility can be accessed by Bow Bottom Trail S.E. or Sun Valley Boulevard S.E. off Highway 22x.
- There are two parking lots (shown on the map).
- Access to parking lots is controlled by signs to lessen congestion. Please follow directions on signs or from staff on site.
- Parking lots fill on busy days so there may be no parking spaces available. Staff and signs will guide you to turn-around and/or overflow sites.
- Please respect parking closures & safety staff.
Concession & Services
- Hours for the snack food concession (which is operated independently of the facility) can vary, depending on weather and levels of use.
- Change rooms and showers are available at the facility.
- There are three playgrounds located within the facility.
- Picnic tables are available within the facility.
- Bike racks are located at the parking lots. Please park bikes and scooters, and remove rollerblades, etc.
Aquatic Safety Staff
- Aquatic safety staff are on duty during the hours of operation.
- Aquatic safety staff are NOT lifeguards.
- They assist the public in first responder emergency situations.
- They provide public education.
- You are responsible for personal safety and supervision of children.
First Aid & Emergencies
- First aid services are available from staff on-site.
- If there is an emergency, please stay clear of the accident area.
- Sikome Aquatic Facility may have emergency closures for safety reasons such as overcrowding or weather hazards. Please cooperate and follow staff instructions.
Sikome Aquatic Facility - Park Notes
- Sikome Aquatic Facility is classified as a man-made beach. Water quality criteria for man-made beaches is different than for public swimming pools.
- Three fresh water wells supply the water for Sikome. No water is taken from the Bow River.
- An on-location water treatment plant ensures good water quality.
- Every week, staff take six water samples from different areas in the lake. The samples are analyzed at the Foothills Hospital. Results are forwarded to the Calgary Health Region and the park.
Any maps and map views are for general information only.
Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.