Program Preparation Workshop
Teachers are required to attend a program workshop after a
school booking is made. The workshop
- Familiarizes teachers with the facility, pathways, site,
equipment provided and the program activities
- Provides teachers with program resource materials. It
includes: details on the on-site activities, suggestions for
preparatory and post field study activities, student worksheets and
- Staff provide an orientation to students and adult volunteers.
The orientation introduces the value of parks, park rules,
safety messages and pathways.
- Equipment for the students to use during the activities is
- At Fish Creek
Environmental Learning Centre, each group has a classroom to
use as a base for the day.
- At Bow Valley Ranch Visitor
Centre, a space in the theatre or exhibit area is provided to
use as a base for the day's activities. School groups may eat
their lunch outside on the lawn area. If the weather is
inclement, they may eat inside the centre.
Note Regarding Teacher Resources
- The Kindergarten - Grade 6 Teacher Resource materials
linked to the program titles below are being reviewed and
- Some information is out of date. Staff are working to
renew these resources to ensure information is
accurate. Please note that contact information including
listed telephone numbers, email and web addresses may be
- For all elementary school enquiries, please e-mail Fishcreek.Education@gov.ab.ca.
Do not use telephone numbers listed in the resource
materials. Those phone numbers now belong to other
- Thank you for your patience as we work to improve our programs
Listing of School
Elementary School Programs (Division I)
Elementary School Programs (Division II)
Junior High Programs (Division III)
Senior High Programs (Division IV)
Environmental & Outdoor Education Programs (ENVOE)