Vehicle Break-ins Are a Problem
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle even if it is locked.
- Lock valuables in your trunk or place them out of sight if you must keep them in your car.
- Park rules & other visit tips
- Be aware of changing pathway conditions during spring and summer. Watch for flooding, water, possible debris and closures on the pathways, bridges and steep hills.
- Pathway closures or detours will be posted. Adhere to all trail closures and detours.
- Please use caution when passing maintenance equipment along pathways.
- Fish Creek Provincial Park Map
Stay off the Ice
- To ensure your safety, please stay off the ice in Fish Creek.
- The ice is very thin. It will remain thin, especially on ponds, due to water level fluctuations and Calgary's warm winter temperatures.
DO NOT Feed Wildlife
- Feeding wildlife in the park is prohibited.
- Conservation Officers will remove feeding stations that are inside park boundaries. Enforcement action will be taken against anyone who continues to feed wildlife in the park.
- Park Note - Sharing the Park Boundary
Cougar Warning - Bow Valley Ranch and area North
- Effective Date: Friday, June 16, 2017
- Where: Area between Bow Valley Ranch and Parkland Community within Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Why: Cougar has been sighted.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, cougars can be encountered anywhere in Kananaskis Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a cougar:
- Learn more about wildlife safety here.
Construction Closure - Votiers Flats and Rotary Nature Park
Please be advised of a construction closure of the Votiers Flats and Rotary Nature Park area for 1-2 days on June 9, 2017 and/or Monday – Tuesday June 12-13. This will accommodate paving of the parking lots and access roads.
Construction Advisory - Fish Creek - Infrastructure
Please be advised of a major infrastructure improvement project that is scheduled for portions of Fish Creek Provincial Park from May 18th through July 31, 2017. The following areas of the park are being upgrades with new asphalt overlay to parking lots and access roads. Partial and full closures are expected for the following areas for 2-3 days at a time:
- Shannon Terrace
- Voiter’s Flats
- Marshall Springs
- Hulls’s Wood
- Mallard Point
- Bow Valley Ranch
- Rotary Nature Park
Cougar Warning - Fish Creek - Bebo Grove
Please be advised of a cougar in the area of Bebo Grove Day Use. For further information on safety around wildlife, please visit the Safety Around Wildlife page.
Construction Advisory - Contractor Access to Transportation Utility Corridor
Please be advised that various contractors will be utilizing a corridor west from the Parks Maintenance facility at Shannon Terrace to facilitate power line installation along the Transportation Utility Corridor in support of the Southwest Calgary Ring Road project. No construction will be taking place within the Park. Travel will be restricted to an approved route cleared of snow and previously disturbed.