Vehicle Break-ins Are a Problem
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle even if it is locked.
- Lock valuables in your trunk or place them out of sight if you must keep them in your car.
- Park rules & other visit tips
- Be aware of changing pathway conditions during spring and summer. Watch for flooding, water, possible debris and closures on the pathways, bridges and steep hills.
- Pathway closures or detours will be posted. Adhere to all trail closures and detours.
- Please use caution when passing maintenance equipment along pathways.
- Fish Creek Provincial Park Map
Stay off the Ice
- To ensure your safety, please stay off the ice in Fish Creek.
- The ice is very thin. It will remain thin, especially on ponds, due to water level fluctuations and Calgary's warm winter temperatures.
DO NOT Feed Wildlife
- Feeding wildlife in the park is prohibited.
- Conservation Officers will remove feeding stations that are inside park boundaries. Enforcement action will be taken against anyone who continues to feed wildlife in the park.
- Park Note - Sharing the Park Boundary
Construction Advisory - Contractor Access to Transportation Utility Corridor
Please be advised that various contractors will be utilizing a corridor west from the Parks Maintenance facility at Shannon Terrace to facilitate power line installation along the Transportation Utility Corridor in support of the Southwest Calgary Ring Road project. No construction will be taking place within the Park. Travel will be restricted to an approved route cleared of snow and previously disturbed.
Notice - Fish Creek Pathways
With the current freeze/ thaw cycle caused by the recent warm weather, pathways within the Fish Creek area will have slippery and ice covered sections. Ice cleats and caution is advised at this time.
Seasonal Service Change - Boat Launch
Due to hazardous seasonal conditions such as ice and impending snow fall, the boat launch at Fish Creek Provincial Park is now closed for the season.
Notice - Seasonal Closures - Fish Creek Provincial Park
The following facilities in Fish Creek Provincial Park will be closed for the season effective November 1, 2016
- The one way road and the 3 small parking areas located along it. The main parking area will remain open regular hours.
- The Area A (East) washroom. Note that the Area B (Centre) washroom has been closed for the season since October 1 and Area C (West) washroom will remain open regular hours.
- The Bankside washroom building will be closed for the winter season. Burnsmead parking area and washroom will remain open regular hours.
The washrooms in these facilities are regularly closed for the season. Pathways will still remain open and will be cleared for foot or bike access during the winter. If snow conditions permit, the road will offer opportunities for skiing.
Please refer to the Fish Creek Provincial Park map for specific locations.