- Book interpretive programs
- By phoning 403-378-4344. (To be connected toll-free in Alberta, dial 310-0000 followed by the phone number.)
- When booking by phone, please note that Alberta is on Mountain Time (UTC-7).
- We strongly recommend that you reserve tickets for our popular interpretive tour programs well in advance of your visit, especially if planning to visit the park in July and August.
- Phone reservations for interpretive programs start in late February. Hours for making tour program reservations by phone are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Interpretive programs start the Victoria Day weekend which is typically the third weekend in May. Check the online tour reservations schedule for exact dates.
- Some tour programs have age restrictions. These are strictly adhered to for the safety and enjoyment of park visitors.
- Pricing information: youth = age 7 to 17 years; child = 6 years of age & under.
Tips to Consider Before Booking Tickets
- If possible, budget two full days for an in-depth quality park experience. This allows a reasonably paced schedule and provides access to a greater variety of programs.
- There can be a high demand for interpretive programs, especially in July and August. Please be prepared to be flexible in your choice of times and events.
- Our online booking system shows how many tickets are left for each event.
- Please respect the age limits that have been set for certain hikes. These limits have been developed for visitor safety and enjoyment based on years of experience. We offer a broad range of events for different age groups and physical abilities.
- If rain, wet conditions, unsafe road conditions or other conditions threaten the safety and comfort of participants, a program may be replaced with an alternate program at the regular ticket price.
- The content of the replacement program would be the same or similar.
- A refund would be available if you choose not to participate in the alternate program.
- Dinosaur Provincial Park reserves the right to cancel a program for poor weather, insufficient number of registrations or any other pertinent reason. If a program is cancelled, a full refund is provided.
- Notice requirement
- General - Participants may cancel up to 48 hours before the event and receive a refund of their program fee.
- For 2 and 3 Day Guided Excavations - Participants may cancel at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled start of the program and receive a refund of their program fee.
- The program fee will not be refunded if inadequate notice is given (less than 48 hours notice for reqular programs or less than 2 weeks for 2 and 3 Day Guided Excavation Programs.)
- The $5 booking fee is non-refundable no matter how much notice is given.
- Program cancellations may only be done by phoning 403-378-4344. (To be connected toll-free in Alberta, dial 310-0000 followed by the phone number.)
Tips for Outdoor Programs
- For your safety and comfort, wear sturdy "closed toe and heel" footwear. No sandals or flip-flops are allowed.
- Bring at least one litre of water for each adult or youth and 500 milliltres for each child. Remember a sun hat for each person, too.
- Insect repellent and sunscreen are recommended. Don't forget your camera!
- Soft drinks and juices are not recommended to replace water. All drinks must be in resealable bottles. No cans please!
- Arrive half an hour before tour time to pick up your tickets at the Visitor Centre.
- All programs begin at the Visitor Centre.
Bus Tour Rules
- The seating capacity of the park buses (24 persons only) will be strictly adhered to for vehicle insurance reasons. Babes-in-arms and toddlers are 'persons' and need to be counted as taking a seat even though they may be on their parent's lap.
- Park buses are designed for short distance trips. There are no overhead luggage racks or washrooms.
- Carry-on items allowed
- Daypack for binoculars, camera and field guides
- Water bottles
- Walking sticks or canes
- NOT allowed on the tour bus
- Strollers or walkers (These may be left at the Visitor Centre)
- Soft drinks in open containers
- Unsealed or open food packages
For Tour Operators