Note Permitted activities may vary within a park. Please confirm details with park staff.
- Birding: Cold Lake is home to more than 200 bird species. Breeding wood warblers, yellow rail and sedge wren, as well as one of Alberta's largest nesting western grebe colonies are found here. Other species in the area include: chestnut-sided, Canada and mourning warblers, flycatchers, thrushes, vireos, great black-backed gull, common eider, teals and mallards.
- Cross-country Skiing: Almost 10 km of groomed trails, with varied terrain (most rated as easy to intermediate)
- Events: Check out our summer fun weekend programming.
- Fishing: Try catching pike, perch, lake trout, burbot, walleye. Check Alberta Guide to Sportfishing Regulations for details.
- Hiking & Mountain Biking: 9 km of formal trails
- Snowshoeing: There are no formal snowshoe trails but snowshoers are welcome to explore the park. If you follow cross-country ski trails, stay on the packed edge.
- Swimming: At mouth of the Medley River (no swimming in Martineau River)
- Wildlife viewing: Species include moose, deer, coyote, lynx, bear, fisher and garter snake.