We are mountain bikers, cross-country skiers, biathletes, disc
golfers, orienteerers, runners and hikers. We come from many walks
of life and from all over Alberta (and beyond). What we have in
common is a love for the outdoors and a deeply held commitment to
preserving our wonderful wilderness playground.
Volunteer involvement in trail care and facility ambassadorship
is essential to keeping Canmore Nordic Centre the beautiful park
that it is. Spend some quality time with fellow outdoor
enthusiasts while helping keep our park a place to be proud
of. Volunteer days are fun, guaranteed!
Volunteer Opportunities at Canmore Nordic Centre
- Ski and talk to people. What could be more fun than
- Be an ambassador for the park by providing ski tips, mini-tours
and answering questions.
- Interact with others on the trails, in the stadiums or in the
- You are expected to complete five 4-hour shifts over the course
of the ski season.
- Training is provided.
- To volunteer as a Snow Host, contact the Canmore Nordic Centre
at 403-678-2400 or e-mail
Summer Trail Maintenance
- Help maintain and care for summer trails - design,
rehabilitation, maintenance, vegetation removal and garbage
- Canmore Nordic Centre will provide all necessary tools and
- To volunteer for summer trail maintenance, contact Friends of
Other Volunteering Opportunities