- Seasonal and permanent travel restrictions are in place at
Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park.
- Grassi Lakes Interpretive
Trail is located in a wildlife corridor. Travel in this area is
restricted to designated trails only.
- A wildlife corridor also exists in the portion of
Bow Valley Wildland
Provincial Park located above the stadium area at Canmore
Nordic Centre Provincial Park. Each year, travel in this area
- Prohibited from December 1 to June 15
- Restricted to designated trails only from June 16 to November
Choosing a Trail
- Trail junctions feature junction numbers and maps to assist in
- Winter Trails are named.
- Summer trails (single track) are labelled by colour.
- Trails are marked with level of difficulty - on the map
and on trail signage.
- Please select trails that are appropriate for your level of
- If you become unsure while skiing or riding on the trail,
dismount. Walk until you feel comfortable again.
- Recommended Summer Hiking
- Trail Rules & Safety
Summer and winter trails at the Canmore Nordic
Centre can be accessed from many locations. The trailheads
listed below provide the easiest, most direct access to the trails
and facilities noted.
- Cross-Country Skiing
- The winter trailhead for recreational skiing is located just
outside the north end of the Day Lodge.
- All trails can be accessed from this point.
- The trailhead sign and large map at this location provides
information on the entire trail system.
- Mountain Biking and Hiking
- Day Lodge (single track access)
- Biathlon Stadium Area (Banff Trail access)
- Mountain Bike Skills Park (Georgetown Trail/single track
- Please inquire at the information counter in the Day Lodge for
directions and detailed trail maps.
- Roller Skiing
- Trail starts in the Biathlon Stadium.
- Bike and foot traffic is strongly discouraged on the paved
trail. Dirt and gravel damage the pavement and can be a hazard
for roller skiers.
- Disc Golf Course
- Hole # 1 is located between the Mountain Bike Skills Park and
the roadway leading to the Biathlon Stadium.
Summer Hiking Trails