Activities & Events
Other Winter Activities
- A gentle slope located in a scenic bowl next to the Wax Room
- Free to use
- Located at the south end of the cross-country stadium
- Free to use and available during regular operating hours
- Ice skate rentals available on-site at Trail
Winter Disc Golf
- The 9-hole winter disc golf course avoids skier
- Course maps available at the information counter in the Daylodge
- Free to use
- Mini ski jump constructed in partnership with Altius
Nordic Ski Club
- Altius runs several ski jumping camps for 7-12 year olds
- No experience and no charge required to participate in
- Access to ski jump limited to camp times
- Due to the high potential for collision and conflict,
snowshoeing on Canmore Nordic Centre's groomed ski trails
is not permitted.
- There are many beautiful trails in Kananaskis Country suitable for
snowshoeing. Several are within a 30-45 minute drive south of
Canmore Nordic Centre on Highway #742 (Smith-Dorrien/Spray
- Check this map of Snowshoe Trails in Peter Lougheed
Provinical Park and Kananaskis Valley.
- Snow biking is permitted on single track trails and groomed,
machine-made snow trails, specifically
- Banff Trail to the meadow, Bow: Junction 18 - 25
- Salt Lake Trail: Junction 94 - 96,
- Lynx, Centennial, Olympic, Albertville, Lillehammer and Nagano
- Bikes with regular mountain bike tires are not permitted. Tires
must be 3.7 inches or wider.
- Skiers have priority on all trails.
- A valid trail pass is required.
- Check our detailed information sheet.