Activities & Events
Other Winter Activities
- A gentle slope located in a scenic bowl next to the Wax Room Building
- Free to use
- Located at the south end of the cross-country stadium
- Free to use and available during regular operating hours
- Ice skate rentals available on-site at Trail Sports
Winter Disc Golf
- The 9-hole winter disc golf course avoids skier traffic
- Course maps available at the information counter in the Daylodge
- Free to use
- Due to the high potential for collision and conflict, snowshoeing on Canmore Nordic Centre's groomed ski trails is not permitted.
- Canmore Nordic Centre has a dedicated snowshoe loop with orange signage about 3 km long. Check our map for details.
- There are many beautiful trails in Kananaskis Country suitable for snowshoeing. Several are within a 30-45 minute drive south of Canmore Nordic Centre on Highway #742 (Smith-Dorrien/Spray Trail).
- Check this map of Snowshoe Trails in Peter Lougheed Provinical Park and Kananaskis Valley.
- Fat biking is permitted on single track trails and groomed, machine-made snow trails, specifically
- Banff Trail to the meadow
- Bow Trail: Junction 18 - 25
- Salt Lake Trail: Junction 94 - 96,
- Lynx, Centennial, Olympic, Albertville, Lillehammer and Nagano Trails
- Bikes with regular mountain bike tires are not permitted. Tires must be 3.7 inches or wider.
- Skiers have priority on all trails.
- Fat biking is not permitted when the temperature is above freezing.
- A valid trail pass is required.
- Check our detailed information sheet.