Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park Biathlon
- The centre's biathlon range is a year-round training facility
designed for both elite and recreational biathletes.
- The range features 31 firing lanes with Kurvinen electronic
targets designed for .22 calibre biathlon rifles.
- Both the paved rollerski loop and biathlon competition trails
flow through the range. Skiers, roller skiers and runners have
access to the range, depending on season.
Ruedi Setz Memorial Range (located at Mt.
Shark in Spray Valley Provincial Park)
- Use of the Ruedi Setz Memorial Range is managed by Canmore
Nordic Centre Provincial Park.
- The range features 21 firing lanes with mechanical
- In winter, a groomed ski trail runs right to the firing line.
In summer, runners can use the range.
Biathlon Range Schedule
Rules & Fees
- To use the Canmore Nordic Centre Biathlon Range, you must
- Possess a biathlon range pass
- Be under the supervision of an approved Canmore Nordic Centre
Provincial Park range safety officer.
- To make a reservation or to buy a pass:
- Go to the information counter in the Daylodge
- Phone 403-678-2400 (to be connected toll-free in Alberta,
dial 310-0000 followed by 403-678-2400.
- Daily, monthly and annual biathlon range passes
are available. Range users must also have a valid trail pass.
Booking the Biathlon Range