Guiding & Instruction
- A guiding and instruction permit is required by anyone who
- Acts as a guide to lead or guide persons on recreational trips for a fee; or
- Conducts a course of instruction in a park for a fee.
- Examples of activities requiring a guiding and instruction permit include GUIDED hikes, cross-country skiing trips, cycling trips, ecotourism and adventure-tourism activities.
- An application must be submitted at least
- 60 days prior to the preferred start date for parks in Kananaskis Country
- 30 days prior to the preferred start date for other parks
- Note: it is strongly recommended that applications be submittted at least 90 days in advance.
- Application form for guiding or instructing an outdoor activity
- Kananskis Country has special group use limits on some popular and sensitive trails to ensure large groups do not negatively impact the trails, wildlife or the enjoyment of other users. All commercial guides/instructors and schools or groups doing independent field trips should confirm group size limits before applying for a permit.
- The application must include
- A completed application for a guiding or instructing permit;
- Proof of valid liability insurance (minimum $2,000,000 per occurrence);
- Proof of guide/instructor certification requirements; and
- Guiding and instruction permit fee
- If the activity is approved, a permit with operating conditions will be issued.
- Complete the appropriate application for a guiding or instructing permit.
- Submit the application to the Parks Division contact responsible for the park in question.