Management & Land-use
Central Parkland Sub-region
- Twelve Natural Landscape Types and 63 Natural Landscape Components
have been identified to describe the environmental diversity of Central Parkland.
- Full representation of 2 of the wetland Natural Landscape Types has been achieved.
However, the majority of themes are not well represented in the parks system
- There is some representation of most Natural Landscape Components in the parks system.
Peace River Parkland Sub-region
- The Peace River Parkland is the most poorly represented Subregion
in the parks system. In total, about 18% of the Natural Landscape Type targets
for this Subregion have been achieved.
- None of the 6 Natural Landscape Types that make up the Peace River Parkland
are fully represented in the parks system.
- Five of the Natural Landscape Types have less than 25% of their target met.
- There is no representation of the wetland or exposed slope Natural Landscape Type themes.
Foothills Parkland Sub-region
- Foothills Parkland is among the most poorly represented Subregions in the parks system.
Only slightly more than 40% of the Natural Landscape Type targets have been achieved.
- Thirty Natural Landscape Components have been identified for this Subregion.
There is some representation of all but one of them.