Pincher Creek District: We're seeking highly motivated, well-organized, responsible maintenance support personnel for the operating season. These individuals will be part of a team accountable for providing maintenance and operational support for the day-to-day facility operations of Beauvais Lake Provincial Park, Chain Lakes Provincial Park and provincial recreation areas in southwest Alberta.
- Classification: Maintenance Service Worker 1
- Closing Date: March 10, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $19.40/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and weekend/shift differential)
As part of the maintenance team, you strive to maintain Alberta Parks’ high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times. Specific responsibilities include
- Performing routine custodial and cleaning duties including shower/bathroom facilities, vault toilets, campsites and group use areas
- Performing lawn maintenance, mowing grass and cutting weeds
- Performing routine and preventative maintenance, general and minor repairs for all park facilities including campgrounds, day use areas, backcountry sites, trail systems, buildings and equipment
- Becoming familiar with and practicing pertinent occupations health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
- Doing demanding physical tasks and working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Some high school education
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Highly motivated, well-organized and responsible
- Good working knowledge in the operation, maintenance and safety of small equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks including lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs
- Computer and administration skills
- Preference given to applicants with
- Standard first aid certification
- Defensive driving course
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015 Certificate
Term of Employment
- Starting in early May and ending early September (or later), depending on operational requirements and budget
- Multiple full-time positions: 40 hours per week
- Weekend shifts required (shift differential provided)
- Requirement to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract.
- Those selected for an interview must bring at least 3 work related references to the interview.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies.
How to Apply
Please email your application (one attachment including both the cover letter and resume in a PDF or Word format) with subject line “MSW1”. Ensure that the document is saved using the naming convention of your first then last name (Joe_Smith) You can also fax, mail or drop off your application (Room 101, 782 Main Street, Pincher Creek), ensuring that “MSW1” is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Alberta Parks, Pincher Creek District
PO Box 1810
Pincher Creek, Alberta T0K 1W0
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.