Lethbridge District: We're seeking two highly motivated, well-organized, responsible maintenance support personnel for the operating season. These individuals will be part of a team accountable for providing maintenance and support for the day-to-day facility operations of Park Lake Provincial Park (located just outside Lethbridge).
- Classification: Maintenance Service Worker 1& 2
- Closing Date: March 17, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $19.40/hr or $22.52/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and weekend/shift differential)
As part of the maintenance team, you strive to maintain Alberta Parks’ high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times. Specific responsibilities include
- Performing routine custodial and cleaning duties including shower/bathroom facilities, vault toilets, campsites and group use areas
- Performing lawn maintenance, mowing grass and cutting weeds
- Performing routine and preventative maintenance, general and minor repairs for all park facilities including campgrounds, day use areas, trail systems, buildings and equipment
- Becoming familiar with and practicing pertinent occupations health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
The Maintenance Service Worker 2 position also acts as lead hand under the supervision of the Maintenance Service Worker 3 position.
- High school diploma
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and defensive driving certificate
- Highly motivated, well-organized and responsible
- Good working knowledge in the operation, maintenance and safety of small equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines
- Computer and administration skills
- Standard first aid certification considered an asset
- Supervisory experience considered an asset for the Maintenance Service Worker 2 position
Term of Employment
- Starting in early May and ending early September (or later), depending on operational requirements and budget
- 40 hours per week
- Weekend shifts required (shift differential provided)
- Required to perform demanding physical tasks and work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract.
- Applications to this posting may be used to fill either position.
How to Apply
Please email your application (one attachment including both the cover letter and resume in a PDF or Word format), identifying win the subject line which position you're applying for - “MSW1” or “MSW2”. Ensure that the document is saved using the naming convention of your first then last name (Joe_Smith). You can also mail or drop off your application, ensuring that “MSW1” or “MSW2” is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Alberta Parks, Lethbridge District
Room 406, 909 3 Avenue North
Lethbridge, Alberta T1H 0H5
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.