Pincher Creek District: We're seeking motivated, courteous, hardworking individuals with exceptional customer skills to be Campground Attendants. These positions are based in beautiful park settings including Beauvais Lake Provincial Park (located 21 km west and south of Pincher Creek) and other campgrounds in southwest Alberta.
- Classification: Administrative Support 2
- Closing Date: March 3, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $19.31/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and weekend/evening premium)
- Providing excellent customer service to visitors
- Collecting permit revenue, performing compliance checks and selling firewood at self-registration campgrounds and group camping areas in provincial parks and recreation areas
- Registering campers using the Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca system
- Assisting with reconciliation of all camping and firewood revenue
- Responding to and resolving customer complaints and concerns
- Communicating needs of customers to appropriate program areas (Maintenance, Enforcement)
- Providing camping, recreational and travel information in person and over the phone
- Assisting with the compilation and preparation of program statistics and reports
- Keeping a clean and organized workspace at all times
- Becoming familiar with and practicing pertinent occupational health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
- High School Diploma; related post-secondary considered an asset
- At least one year related experience considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills including problem-solving, mediation and team skills
- Strong communication skills with both visitors and coworkers, plus ability to interact in a friendly, informative, diplomatic, adaptable and professional manner
- Good ability to multi-task and use effective time management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good judgment and ability to handle sensitive information discreetly
- Computer literacy, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet
- Experience handling cash
- Strong math and basic accounting skills
- Knowledge of provincial parks and recreation areas in Southwest Alberta, as well as area tourist attractions and services
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and defensive driving certification
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge of Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca considered an asset
Term of Employment
- Starting in early May and ending in early September (with possible extension), depending on weather and budget
- 36.25 hours per week
- Weekend and evening shifts required (shift differential provided)
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract.
- Those selected for an interview must bring at least 3 work related references to the interview.
How to Apply
Please email your application (one attachment including both the cover letter and resume in a PDF or Word format) with subject line “Campground Attendant”. Ensure that the document is saved using the naming convention of your first then last name (Joe_Smith) You can also fax, mail or drop off your application (Room 101, 782 Main Street, Pincher Creek), ensuring that “Campground Attendant” is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Alberta Parks, Pincher Creek District
PO Box 1810
Pincher Creek, Alberta T0K 1W0
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.