Cold Lake District: Are you a motivated, courteous and hardworking individual with exceptional customer service skills and a desire to work in Alberta’s beautiful provincial parks? Alberta Parks is seeking Campground Booth Staff for the operating season at Cold Lake and Whitney Lakes provincial parks. You'll be responsible for greeting visitors, registering campers, providing information and product sales.
- Classification: Administrative Support 2
- Closing Date: February 26, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $19.20 (plus 11.2 % in lieu of benefits) plus weekend/ evening premium
- Welcoming visitors and providing excellent customer service
- Registering campers, recording reservations & processing payments with Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca
- Processing payments for campsites, firewood sales and convenience store items
- Providing information about the park, area attractions and other district parks
- Light caretaking of work area
- Responding to and resolving customer complaints and concerns
- Excellent communication and customer services skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Experience handling cash and using till and debit/credit machines
- Good computer skills
- Good judgement and ability to handle sensitive information discreetly
- High School Diploma
- Related post-secondary (business, retail, tourism)
- Customer service and/ or tourism experience
- Computer literacy, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Standard First Aid course
- Knowledge of Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca
Term of Employment
- 4 months, starting in May (possibly part-time early in the season)
- Evening and weekends shifts required
- On-site rental accommodations may be available.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check.
How to Apply
Please submit your application (one attachment including both a cover letter and resume in a pdf or Word format) by email with the subject line "Permit Booth Staff". You can also fax it, ensuring that "Permit Booth Staff" is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Cold Lake District Office
Cold Lake, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.