Cold Lake District: Do you enjoy working outdoors and meeting people? Alberta Parks is looking for energetic and organized maintenance service staff to undertake a wide variety of tasks related operating and maintaining busy recreational facilities in Cold Lake District. Locations include Cold Lake, Moose Lake and Whitney Lakes provincial parks.
- Classification: Maintenance Service Worker 1
- Closing Date: February 26, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $19.40/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits) and weekend premium/shift differential
- Building cleaning
- Lawn maintenance
- Campsite (and other facility) cleaning and repair
- Customer service (assisting visitors)
- Garbage collection
- Tree/brush removal
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and defensive driving certificate required
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks
- Experience using power tools and landscaping equipment considered assets
- Experience painting and doing lawn care considered assets
- Standard First Aid course considered an asset
Term of Employment
- 2-6 month positions (starting in May)
- Morning, evening and weekend shifts required
- On-site rental accommodations may be available.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and driver's abstract.
How to Apply
Please submit your application (one attachment including both a cover letter and resume in a pdf or Word format) by email with the subject line "Maintenance Worker". You can also fax it, ensuring that "Maintenance Worker" is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Cold Lake District Office
Cold Lake, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.