Lakeland District: Do you enjoy working outdoors and meeting people? We're looking for energetic and organized maintenance service staff to undertake tasks related to the operation and maintenance of busy recreational facilities in Lakeland District including Beaver Lake Provincial Recreation Area, Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park, Lakeland Provincial Park and Lakeland Provincial Recreation Area.
- Classification: Maintenance Service Worker 1
- Closing Date: March 6, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $19.40/hr (plus 11.2 % in lieu of benefits and weekend premium)
- Janitorial tasks
- Lawn maintenance
- Campsite (and other facility) cleaning and repair
- Customer service (assisting visitors)
- Garbage collection
- Tree/brush removal
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and defensive driving certificate
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks
- Standard First Aid course considered an asset
- Experience using power tools and landscaping equipment considered assets
- Experience painting and doing lawn care considered assets
Term of Employment
- 4 month positions, starting in May
- Early morning and weekends shifts required
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check.
- For more info, contact Normand Schaub at 780-623-0184.
How to Apply
Please email your application (one attachment including both the cover letter and resume in a PDF or Word format) with subject line "Maintenance Worker". Ensure that the document is saved using the naming convention of your first then last name (Joe_Smith).
Parks Division, Alberta Environment & Parks
Lakeland District Office
Lac La Biche, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.