Cold Lake District - Alberta Parks is seeking a highly motivated, skilled, hardworking Lead Carpenter for projects in Cold Lake District parks. The Lead Carpenter will supervise the Carpenter Assistant and is based out of Moose Lake Provincial Park, near Bonnyville.
- Classification: Carpenter 1
- Closing Date: February 26, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $34.57/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
As part of the infrastructure team, you will strive to maintain Alberta Parks' high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times.
- Under direct supervision of the Regional Infrastructure Team Leader, the Lead Carpenter manages maintenance repairs to Cold Lake District buildings and overall infrastructure.
- The Lead Carpenter supervises the Carpenter Assistant.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and defensive driving certificate required
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in technical carpentry work
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Supervisory experience and leadership skills
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments with set deadlines
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Familiarity with industry standard work safety practices
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing and heating systems considered an asset
- Standard First Aid certification an asset
Term of Employment
- 6-month position, starting in May
- Monday to Friday workweek
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- On-site rental accommodations may be available.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract.
How to Apply
Please submit your application (one attachment including both a cover letter and resume in a pdf or Word format) by email with the subject line "Lead Carpenter". You can also fax it, ensuring that "Lead Carpenter" is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Cold Lake District Office
Cold Lake, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.