Cold Lake District - Alberta Parks is seeking a highly motivated, well-organized, responsible equipment operator based out of Moose Lake Provincial Park. The Equipment Operator is part of a team accountable for providing infrastructure support to several provincial parks located in Cold Lake District.
- Classification: Equipment Operator 1
- Closing Date: February 26, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $22.97/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
As part of the infrastructure team, you will strive to maintain Alberta Parks' high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times. Specific responsibilities include
- Operating heavy equipment such as skid steers, loaders, garbage trucks, vacuum trucks
- Hauling equipment on trailers to various work sites
- Performing routine and preventative maintenance on vehicles, equipment and other infrastructure such as campgrounds, trail systems, day use sites and buildings
- Performing various services related to the upgrading of facilities and construction of new facilities
- Working with both Alberta Park staff and private contractors on Parks infrastructure improvement projects
- Being familiar with and practicing all pertinent occupational health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good working knowledge in the operation, maintenance and safety of heavy equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks
- Some computer and administration skills
Additional Qualifications & Skills Considered Assets
- Demonstrated experience with equipment repairs
- Other equipment operator certification(s)
- Standard First Aid Certification
- Defensive Driving Training
- Hands-on experience with other trades
Term of Employment
- 6-month position, starting in May
- 40-hour work week (typically Monday to Friday)
- Wage position based on budgetary allotments and operational requirements
- Requirement to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- On-site rental accommodations may be available.
- This position is physically demanding.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract.
- Those selected for an interview must bring at least 3 work related references to the interview.
How to Apply
Please submit your application (one attachment including both a cover letter and resume in a pdf or Word format) by email with the subject line "Equipment Operator". You can also fax it, ensuring that "Equipment Operator" is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Cold Lake District Office
Cold Lake, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.