Cold Lake District - Alberta Parks is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking Carpenter Assistant for projects at parks in Cold Lake District. Reporting to the Lead Carpenter, this position is based out of Moose Lake Provincial Park, near Bonnyville.
- Classification: Maintenance Service Worker 1
- Closing Date: February 26, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $19.40/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
As part of the infrastructure team, you will strive to maintain Alberta Parks' high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times. Specific responsibilities include
- Assisting Lead Carpenter with various repair projects for buildings and other facilties in Cold Lake District
- Being familiar with and practicing all pertinent occupational health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and defensive driving certificate required
- Experience using tools and performing carpentry work
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Standard First Aid course considered an asset
Term of Employment
- 6-month position, starting in May
- Monday to Friday work-week
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- On-site rental accommodations may be available.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract.
How to Apply
Please submit your application (one attachment including both a cover letter and resume in a pdf or Word format) by email with the subject line "Carpenter Assistant". You can also fax it, ensuring that "Carpenter Assistant" is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Cold Lake District Office
Cold Lake, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.