Carson-Pegasus Provincial Park: Spruce Grove District is looking for highly motivated, hardworking, responsible maintenance support personnel for the operating season. These individuals will be part of a team accountable for providing maintenance and operational duties supporting the day-to-day facility operation of Carson-Pegasus Provincial Park (approximately 25 km north of Whitecourt). The Maintenance Service Worker Supervisor will oversee the team and work closely with the District Maintenance Foreman.
- Classification: Maintenance Service Workers
- Closing Date: February 28, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $19.40 – $27.30/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
As part of the maintenance team, you strive to maintain Alberta Parks’ high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times. Specific responsibilities include
- Providing routine and preventative maintenance on all infrastructure, including campgrounds, trail systems, day use sites and buildings
- Performing routine custodial and cleaning duties, lawn maintenance and minor repairs of facilities
- Managing custodial inventories, as required
- Becoming familiar with and practicing all pertinent occupational health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
The Maintenance Service Worker Supervisor is also responsible for
- Providing direct supervision to maintenance workers
- Organizing and coordinating routine and preventative maintenance on all infrastructure in the park, including campgrounds, trail systems, day use sites, buildings and equipment
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Good working knowledge in the operation, maintenance and safety of small equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks
- Preference will be given to applicants who
- Standard First Aid certification
- Defensive driving course
- Air Brake Q Endorsement on Driver's License
- Carpentry, plumbing and/or electrical experience
- Experience with water and waste-water facility operation
- Computer skills
Note: Previous supervisory experience considered an asset for Supervisor position
Term of Employment
- Starting in late April/May and ending September (or later), depending on operational requirements
- Irregular shifts (including weekends) required
- 40-hour work week
- Maintenance Service Workers (2 positions): Approximately $19.40–$23.33/hr for (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
- Maintenance Service Worker Supervisor (1 position): Approximately $22.52-$27.30/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
- Rental accommodations may be available
- These positions are physically demanding.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract.
- Those selected for an interview must bring at least 3 work related references to the interview.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies.
How to Apply
Please email your application (one attachment including both the cover letter and resume in a pdf or Word format) with "MSW-CP" and either "Worker" or "Supervisor" in the subject line and cover letter. You can also fax, mail or drop off your application, ensuring that "MSW-CP" and either "Worker" or "Supervisor" is clearly marked.
Environment & Parks
Parks Division, Central Region
P.O. Box 4240, Suite 1, 250 Diamond Avenue
Spruce Grove, Alberta T7X 3B4
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.