Miquelon Lake Provincial Park: Alberta Parks-Camrose District is seeking highly motivated, well-organized, responsible maintenance support personnel for the operating season. Maintenance Service Workers are part of a team accountable for providing maintenance support for the day-to-day facility operation of Miquelon Lake Provincial Park (63 km east of Edmonton). Maintenance Service Workers report to the Maintenance Service Supervisor and work closely with Conservation Officers in the park.
- Classification: Maintenance Service Worker 1
- Closing Date: February 24, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $19.40 - $23.33/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
As part of the maintenance team, you strive to maintain Alberta Parks’ high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times. Specific responsibilities include
- Performing routine and preventative maintenance on all infrastructure in the park, including trail systems, day use sites, buildings and equipment
- Performing routine custodial and cleaning duties, lawn maintenance and minor repairs of facilities
- Managing custodial inventories, as required
- Becoming familiar with and practicing all pertinent occupational health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License required
- Good working knowledge in the operation, maintenance and safety of small equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks
- Computer and administration skills
- Preference given to applicants with
- Standard first aid certification
- Defensive driving course
- Carpentry, plumbing and/or electrical experience
- Experience with water and wastewater facility operation (water samples obtained regularly)
Term of Employment
- Requirement to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- 40-hour work week
- Starting in late April and ending in September (or later), depending on operational requirements and budget
- Irregular shifts and working weekends required (shift differential provided)
- These positions are physically demanding.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract.
- Those selected for an interview must bring at least 3 work related references to the interview.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies.
How to Apply
Please email your application (one attachment including both the cover letter and resume in a PDF or Word format) with "MSW1-MQLN - last name, first name" in the subject line and cover letter. You can also fax, mail or drop off your application, ensuring that "MSW1-MQLN - last name, first name" is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Parks Division, Central Region
Suite 700, Millennium Centre, 4909-49 Street
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 1V1
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.