Spruce Grove: Alberta Parks is seeking a highly motivated, well-organized, responsible maintenance support person for the construction season. Based out of Spruce Grove, this individual will be part of a team accountable for providing infrastructure support for parks and recreation areas located in the Central Region of Alberta Parks.
- Classification: Maintenance Service Worker 2
- Closing Date: February 24, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $22.52/hr (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
As part of the maintenance team, you strive to maintain Alberta Parks’ high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times. Specific responsibilities include
- Performing routine and preventative maintenance on all infrastructure, including campgrounds, trail systems, day use sites, buildings and equipment
- Doing general and minor repairs on park facilities
- Becoming familiar with and practicing all pertinent occupational health & safety (OH&S) guidelines
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Good working knowledge in the operation, maintenance and safety of small equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Skid steer and mini excavator experience
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Preference given to applicants with
- Standard first aid certification
- Defensive driving certification
- Computer skills
Term of Employment
- 40-hour work week
- Starting in mid-April and ending in mid-October (or later), depending on operational requirements and budget
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract.
- Those selected for an interview must bring at least 3 work related references to the interview.
- For more information, contact Frank Key, Major Repair Coordinator, at 780-960-8170, Ext. 226 or 780-984-2429.
How to Apply
Please email your application (one attachment including both the cover letter and resume in a PDF or Word format) with "MSW2" in the subject line and cover letter. You can also fax, mail or drop off your application, ensuring that "MSW2" is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks, Parks Division, Central Region
Box 4240, Suite 1, 250 Diamond Avenue
Spruce Grove , Alberta T7X 3B4
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.