Miquelon Lake Provincial Park: Alberta Parks is seeking a highly motivated, well-organized, responsible administrative support person for the operating season. The District Clerk is part of a team accountable for providing general administration, personnel file maintenance, financial management and public relations for Parkland Management Area. Based in Miquelon Lake Provincial Park (located 20 minutes north of Camrose), the position services Camrose District and Wainwright District. The District Clerk reports to the Area Administrative Coordinator and works closely with the administration team, District Staff and Conservation Officers.
- Classification: Administrative Support 3
- Closing Date: February 20, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $21.19 – $25.79 per hour (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
Public Relations and Information
- Providing information services to the pubic via telephone, email and front counter on provincial parks with emphasis on Parkland Management Area
- Receiving and directing complaints, inquiries of a confidential nature, and various questions regarding Parks legislation, policies and procedures to appropriate Area staff
- Providing back-up support to campground booth staff, as required
- Reconciling and maintaining ARI fleet files, on a monthly basis
- Maintaining procurement card transaction reconciliation and activity reports, on a monthly basis
- Paying utility accounts and ensuring accurate posting to general ledger in a timely fashion
Personnel File Maintenance
- Assisting Area Administrative Coordinator with seasonal wage staff commencement packages, ensuring all required documentation, signatures and information is received within deadlines
- Coordinating appropriate receipt of timesheets from Area staff and preparing them for Area Administrative Coordinator approval
- Tracking staff hours for all Area staff and maintaining Excel file for budgeting purposes
- Ensuring maintenance of supplies to support effective office operation
- Drafting correspondence, faxing and photocopying, as requested by Area Administrative Coordinator
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and courier
- Knowledge of the parks and protected areas with Parkland Management Area
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with the public; excellent public relations skills
- Familiarity with policies and procedures on Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca campsite reservation and registration system
- Knowledge of financial policies, procedures and processing guidelines
- Strong skills in Windows, Excel and Microsoft Word, as well as the internet
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Keyboarding skill level of 40 wpm minimum, as well as ability to adapt to changing data processing systems
- Ability to determine priorities and accomplish tasks in an organized, timely manner
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Valid first aid certificate considered an an asset
Term of Employment
- Prior to hire, candidates must provide a current Criminal Record Check and a Drivers Abstract.
- 2 – 3 days/week (up to 21.75 hours/week)
- Beginning in April and ending in October (or later), depending on operational requirements and budget availability
- This position may require day travel within the Parkland Management Area.
- Those selected for an interview must bring at least 3 work related references to the interview.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter in one MS Word file or PDF with "DC-MIQ" and first name_last name (Joe_Smith) in the subject line. You can also fax, mail or drop off your application, ensuring that "DC-MIQ and first name_last name" is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
Parks Division, Central Region
Suite 700, Millennium Centre, 4909-49 Street
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 1V1
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.