Miquelon Lake Provincial Park: Do you love sharing your passion for the outdoors and providing outstanding customer service? Alberta Parks-Parkland Management Area is seeking a hardworking individual with exceptional customer service experience and supervisory skills to lead campground reservation services, visitor center operations, retail operations, marketing and promotions, special event organization, and information services. This Business & Information Supervisor is located at Miquelon Lake Provincial Park (located 20 minutes north of Camrose).
- Classification: Program Services 1
- Closing Date: March 3, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $28.77 – $37.40 per hour (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
- Hiring, training, mentoring and evaluating seasonal information staff (about 5)
- Supervising registering campers, recording reservations and processing payments using Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca (including scheduling campground booth staff)
- Overseeing visitor center operations, including setting facility hours and staff schedules
- Managing gift shop retail operations (including tracking revenue and expenditures, ordering inventory)
- Implementing marketing and promotions
- Organizing special events
- Coordinating information services including the development of print and non-personal media
- Supervising the reconciliation of camping, shower and retail sales revenue, invoices, store inventory and education program revenue on a regular basis
- Diploma or degree in a related field such as recreation and park management, business or tourism/hospitality
- Experience in a supervisory role in areas like park management, campground and day use operations, project coordination
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Class 5 Operator's License
- Current Standard First Aid - CPR Level C
- Computer proficiency with MS Office including strong Excel skills (financial workbooks)
- Knowledge of Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca considered an asset
- Alignment with the required behavioural competencies of the role (See below.)
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- SYSTEMS THINKING - To understand connections to the larger organization and to positively inspire the implementation of priorities and goals of Alberta Environment & Parks
- DEVELOP SELF & OTHERS - By actively learning about the organization, reflecting on performance to identify areas of improvement and creating a shared learning environment to lead the delivery of successful programs
- BUILD COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENTS - By promoting collaboration and commitment, encouraging broad thinking on projects, working together to eliminate barriers to progress, and facilitating open and respectful dialogue
- CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING - Using a wide range of communication techniques to promptly and professionally address issues
- AGILITY - To think creatively while working in a changing work environment
You must consistently demonstrate the Alberta Public Service values of respect, integrity, accountability and excellence.
Term of Employment
- Prior to hire, candidates must provide a current Criminal Record Check and a Drivers Abstract.
- This is a temporary position for 6 months (starting in April), with the possibility of extension.
- Staff rental accommodation may be available in the park.
- For more info on this position, please contact Alison Cole at Alison.email@example.com or 780-643-1811.
How to Apply
Please email your application (one attachment including both the cover letter and resume in a PDF or Word format) with "BIS-MIQ" in the subject line. You can also fax, mail or drop off your application (to reception at Oxbridge Place, 1st floor), ensuring that "BIS-MIQ" is clearly marked.
Alberta Environment & Parks
2nd Floor, Oxbridge Place, 9820 106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2J6
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.